For Job Seekers
Michigan Works! offers many services to those seeking employment including resume assistance, mock interviewing, writing effective cover letters and resumes, local job postings, and exclusive workshops developed to assist with employment searches.
There are over 100 Michigan Works! Service Centers and each offer a core set of services to job seekers:
- Assistance in finding employment
- Job, career, and skill self-assessment tools
- Local and statewide labor market information
- Resume writing software and support materials
- Directories of human service agencies
- Information on financial aid, occupational training, and workplace accommodation
- Access to the Michigan Talent Bank
Many Service Centers provide additional on-site support that can be combined with core services to form an individualized plan for each customer’s success.
In addition to core services available to job seekers, other partners and community resources are collocated in Michigan Works! Service Centers to better serve customers.
Connect with your local Michigan Works! Service Center for more information.